In matters pertaining to criminal law, personal injury and bankruptcy, few South Jersey attorneys offer a more well-rounded and versatile perspective than John Underwood. Admitted to the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Bars in 1995, John is widely recognized for his work on several high profile criminal cases including those related to murder, sexual assault, robbery, and drug distribution.
In addition, in his 20 years as an attorney, John has handled hundreds of personal injury cases and has been highly successful in litigating or settling successful outcomes for his clients.
He is experienced in both Federal and State Courts, regularly appears in New Jersey Bankruptcy Court and also enjoys a successful appellate practice (having previously argued before the Supreme Court of New Jersey). In 2007, John was appointed Plaintiff’s Arbitrator for Superior Court Personal Injury Matters.
• Rutgers University Law School, 1995
• Rutgers University (Magna Cum Laude with Honors)
• New Jersey Association for Justice
• Thomas Forkin Inn of Court
• Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity
• Guest Lecturer — Thomas Forkin Inn of Court
• New Jersey Worker’s Compensation Court Litigation
• Underinsured Motorists and UM Arbitration Experience